[Histonet] paraffin tissue embedding and cutting

Kemlo Rogerson kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Fri Mar 31 01:25:31 CST 2006

Either xylene contamination or wax contaminated. I have noticed if you use
freshly melted wax then you get the bubbles, you may wish to put it in a
vacuum to lower SVP which ought to 'draw out' the bubbles. Sometimes you
find that the wax melts on the water bath as if its too hot; if the bath is
at the optimum temperature then look at xylene contamination or something
'wrong' with the wax.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

"Following the line of least resistance makes both men and rivers crooked"

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation