[Histonet] paraffin tissue embedding and cutting

karen Cai kcai <@t> prosci-inc.com
Thu Mar 30 16:13:21 CST 2006

Hello there,
I have some questions regarding embedding and cutting paraffin tissue
block:
=20
1.	After embedding, I found there are a lot of bubbles inside the
paraffin tissue block (I put the mold at RT). Sometimes it has,
sometimes not.  I don=92t know why. How to avoid this?
2.	 Sometimes I found if I put the paraffin tissue sections into
the 37C water bath, the paraffin will be diffused very quickly. Also the
color of the whole paraffin tissue block look strange: white, not clear
white. I am jus wondering whether the method of embedding  tissue is
wrong, or  something else?
=20
Any kind of help will be very appreciated,
=20
Thanks in advance,
=20
Best,