[Histonet] Frozen embedding of lungs

Kemlo Rogerson kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Thu Mar 30 01:20:36 CST 2006

When I was a pup I made a little 'lung tank'; you construct a piece of
apparatus with a header tank at height to produce 1 atmosphere of pressure
(can't remember the calculation but I think it was a metre), fill header
tank with 10% buffered formalin and attached to trachea with a pipe. The
pressure will inflate the lung but formalin will drip out; I put a reservoir
beneath and then pumped the formalin back up to the header.

I never used a respirator or anything and I guess that's why people say I
look young for me age; use a respirator!!! I used it a lot for miner's black
lung in an area that had coal mining for pneocony.... pneumoconiu..... um...
Miner's Black lung!

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

"Following the line of least resistance makes both men and rivers crooked"

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation