[Histonet] RE: Faculty Vacancy Announcement (revised)
Malcolm.McCallum <@t> tamut.edu
Wed Mar 29 07:58:19 CST 2006
I accidentally posted a previous advertisement instead of the current vacancy. The correct post is below!
Malcolm L. McCallum
Department of Biological Sciences
Texas A&M University Texarkana
2600 Robison Rd.
Texarkana, TX 75501
Assistant Professor of Biology
Texas A&M University-Texarkana (A&M-Texarkana), a member of The Texas A&M University System, invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Biology Position with an effective target date of Fall 2006 Semester. This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position which will be located on the A&M-Texarkana branch campus at Northeast Texas Community College near Mount Pleasant, Texas.
* An earned doctorate in Biology or a closely related field. Candidates with evidence of completion of all degree requirements prior to employment will be evaluated, but, employment is contingent upon award of the doctorate.
* Equivalent of one year teaching experience at the community or senior college level
* Record of research & scholarly activity
* Involvement in professional organizations
* Experience in acquiring external funding and/or research grants appropriate to the rank of an assistant professor
* Record of advising students on research projects leading to publications or presentations at scientific meetings
* Ability to teach a broad range of courses, including but not limited to Genetics, Cell Biology, Invertebrate Zoology General Ecology, General Biology, Microbiology and Human Anatomy and Physiology
* This position will involve teaching lower-level classes for Northeast Texas Community College (such as General Biology, Microbiology and Human Anatomy and Physiology) and upper-level classes for A&M-Texarkana (such as Genetics, Cell Biology, Invertebrate Zoology, and General Ecology).
* Maintain an active research program leading to publication and acquiring research funding
* Advise and supervise undergraduate students in projects and research activities
* Perform appropriate levels of service within the university, regionally, and/or nationally
Nine-Month Salary: Competitive and based on experience and rank.
Projected Starting Date: Fall 2006 Semester. Position will remain open until filled. However, the screening of completed applications will begin on May 1, 2006.
Application Requirements: Letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, copies of university transcripts (official transcripts required prior to employment), and three letters of current professional reference..
Contact Person: Dr. David Allard
Texas A&M University-Texarkana
P.O. Box 5518
Texarkana, Texas 75505-5518
E-Mail: david.allard <@t> tamut.edu
Location and Environment: A&M-Texarkana is currently an upper-division and graduate public institution with an academic enrollment of approximately 1,600 students. Texas House Bill 1566 authorizes the University to admit freshmen and sophomores as soon as we move to our new campus. The University is located in Texarkana, Texas, approximately half way between Dallas, Texas, and Little Rock, Arkansas.
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Security Sensitive: The State of Texas requires Selective Service registration or exemption for all newly hired employees. This is a security sensitive position. Criminal background check will be conducted on finalists.
More information about the Histonet