[Histonet] CAP Guidelines for Microwaves

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 26 06:05:37 CST 2006

Okay,
I did put my microwave in a fume hood. I don't process tissue in the
microwave. I did have a "laboratory" grade tissue processing microwave
processor that fried my specimens because the magnetron went bad.
    I have been using household microwaves for special staining and immunos.
Hey, I remember when Biogenex first came out with microwave antigen
retrieval using a lead based liquid and I don't have an residual effects,
residual effects, residual eeefects.
    As many of you know, we will all see what happens during onsite CAP
inspections.
    Speaking of CAP inspections, remember, starting in April, CAP will start
their so called "non- announced" inspections. Have a happy weekend all. I'm
still trying to unpack the lab by tomorrow, because we have to be fully
functional by Monday. What day is this?

Joe Nocito BS, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab