[Histonet] Training Med Techs

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Fri Mar 17 14:20:22 CST 2006

   Becky,

   I am a Med Tech who works in Histology.  Th   receive is a definite asset in the Histology fiel   are  in  immunology,  chemistry, hematology and micro   which  overlap into Histo.  That said, I do not think t   should  receive  the management positions over certified Histot   The  position  should  go to the person best suited for the job, a   many  times  it is the Histotech that is better qualified.  I do beli   eve though, that the Histotech should be certified.

   Jennifer MacD
   -----histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwes
     To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
     From: "Orr,     Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwe     Date: 03/17/2006 07:04AM
     cc: "Delk, Linda" <LDelk <@t> enh.or     Subject: [Histonet] Training Med Techs
     Hello everyone.
     I  would appreciate any feedback from those of you who may have had
          They  would  be trained as his     them
     into  Anatomic Pathology (     Candid  comments  welcome,  especially     histology!
     To  me  it  would  be  like  trying       fireman,
     it's a career, not a job, right?
     We  see  a HT shortage in the Chicago area, but I am unsure how     address
     this.
     Degreed individuals have proven      traditional  education  pathway,  so I see t     ignore
     very   capable   HT   managers   with   proven   manage     organizational
     skills  via  non  traditional pathways  is bec     me.
     I mean it's not like Non degreed HT's are st     Thank you
     Becky
     B     IHC Lead
     Evanston Northwestern Healthc     847-570-2771
     ____________     ______________________     5F__     Histonet mailing list
     Histonet <@t> lists.u     [1]http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/li