[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 28, Issue 27

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Fri Mar 17 07:32:28 CST 2006

Stacy,
I wrote a sentence describing the issues of background staining.  I then
described what detection kits we use in our lab. We use both
polymer(Dako/Biocare)  and the Ventana I view on the benchmark.  I also
added instructions to determine if Endogenous Biotin is evident
(omitting primary and secondary and just adding the label and chromogen
on one slide, just the chromogen on a second slide...)
I put something in there about following manufacturer's recommendations
on the data sheets. I addressed protein blocks and endogenous peroxidase
all in the same section and called it "Blocking Reagents".
I was just inspected in February and the inspectors and I  scrutinized
that regulation especially since it was new.  I passed so I'm thinking
what I wrote was adequate.  I'll go ahead and send you the excerpt with
my references in a separate file.  Let me know if you can't receive
files from strangers.  I can fax if you'd like
Have a great weekend
Becky

 Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)
IHC Lead