[Histonet] (no subject)

Kemlo Rogerson kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Fri Mar 17 02:23:21 CST 2006

While I beg to differ;

Gram Weigert's iodine is in fact 1g of iodine with 2g of potassium iodide in
100 mls dist water and is the beast in question.

Gram's iodine is 1g of iodine with 2g of potassium iodide in 300 mls dist
water and is therefore more dilute than 'meint200' wanted.

Lugol's "rubefacient solution" is 1g of iodine with 2g of potassium iodide
in 12 mls of dist water; as you say the stronger solution but I don't 'do'
%.

Test: Cowdry's iodine and Langeron's iodine, any idea?

I did stifle the comment about magnetic iodine but I assume 'reagent' iodine
is different over there.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

"Following the line of least resistance makes both men and rivers crooked"

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation