[Histonet] Mayer's Hematoxylin

King, Curtis - RAS cking <@t> rallansci.com
Thu Mar 16 13:23:03 CST 2006

Hello All,

I see there has been a lot of activity concerning the Richard Allan
Scientific Hematoxylin. We do have a Modified Mayer's Hematoxylin cat#72804.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding our complete reagent
line.

Curtis D. King, HT(ASCP)
Tech Rite Consultant
Richard Allan Scientific
4481 Campus Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008

Phone: 800-522-7270 ext 672
Fax: 296-372-2734
E-Mail: cking <@t> rallansci.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Lori
Richey
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:18 PM
To: Bauer, Karen
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Mayer's Hematoxylin

Richard Allen makes a Mayer's Hematoxylin.   It is included in the Congo
Red kit that we buy, but I'm sure its available as a single item.

Bauer, Karen wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>I'm looking for a Pre-Made Mayer's Hematoxylin that we can use for our
routine H&E staining procedure.  We make up our Mayer's Hematoxylin from
scratch, but have recently been given permission to buy something that is
pre-made.  We've tried Harris, but the doctors do not like the
differentiation that take place with using that kind of hematoxylin.  (We
stain by hand, so one tech's dip might be longer or shorter than another
tech's dip in the differentiator.)  They are seeing variations in nuclear
staining, no matter how careful we are with our "dips".

>I'm looking for something that stains tissues in 5-10 minutes and does not
need differentiation.  Everything that I've tried so far is not working out
to their satisfaction.  We use a Gill's III for our FS set up, and they do
not want that either (for the routine H&E's).

>Does anyone have any ideas or tips for me?  I'll be greatly appreciative.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Karen Bauer HT(ASCP)
>Histology Supervisor
>Luther Hospital
>Eau Claire,  WI
>

>This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message,
including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message. Thank you.