[Histonet] Large Sections: Prostate

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 09:46:39 CST 2006

Chris:
  On a separate e-mail I am forwarding a photo file with all the components I made in our lab (cassettes, molds and holging blocks) to section whole prostates.
  At the start we used a regular rotary microtome with enough block clearance, but as the work increased we bought a Leitz sliding microtome.
  René J.

Chris Pomajzl <cpomajzl <@t> cpllabs.com> wrote:
  One of our pathologists is interested in getting a whole section of a bisected prostate with subsequent staining. This would require very large glass slides and a special microtome (I would imagine). This is for research purposes.

Does anyone have this capability, or do you have information on where it can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Pomajzl, HTL (ASCP)

Histology Supervisor
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
9200 Wall Street
Austin, Texas 78754
512.873.1660 (o)
512.873.5004 (f)
cpomajzl <@t> cpllabs.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication.