[Histonet] Re: double/triple staining with streptavidin-Alexa

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Thu Mar 16 02:10:08 CST 2006

   Dear Yves,

   What  Gayle  Callis  already  mentioned  about  avidin-biotin blocking
   before  the first and the second sequence is indeed the only thing you
   can  do  when  combining  two  biotin  techniques  in double staining.
   However,  in  general I don't recommend this for multiple staining. To
   my  opinion there is still a great risk for false positive results. As
   Gayle  described,  the multistep procedure combining one unlabeled and
   one  biotinylated  antibody works fine. I would like to add the option
   of  biotinylating or the labeling with an Alexa fluorochrome of one of
   your primaries using the Zenon kit.

   Good luck!

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology