[Histonet] Mayer's Hematoxylin

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Wed Mar 15 16:35:30 CST 2006

   Karen,

   Our  students  are  using Hematoxylin 1, by Richard   staining  by hand, so there is great variation of tec   students,  but  very  little  in  the  staining of the nuclei.&nb   Richard-Allan  has  a great chart for optimizing the H&E with their r   eagents.

   Jennifer MacDonald

   -----histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthweste
     To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
     From: "Bauer,     Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.uts     Date: 03/15/2006 09:02AM
     Subject: [Histonet] Mayer's      Hello to all,
     I'm  looking  for  a Pre-Made Mayer's H     for  our  routine  H&E  staining  procedure. &nbs     Mayer's  Hematoxylin  from  scratch, but have recently been g     permission  to buy something that is pre-made.  We've tried Harris     ,  but  the doctors do not like the differentiation that take place
     with  usin     tech's  dip migh     the  differentiator.) &nbs     staining, no matter how careful we      I'm looking for something that stains ti     does not need differentiation.  Everything t     is  not  working  out to their satisfaction.  We us     for  our  FS  set  up,  and  they do not want that either (for the     routine H&E's).
     Does  anyone have any ideas or tips for me? &nbs     appreciative.
     Thanks in advance,
     Karen Baue     Histology Supervisor
     Luther Hospital
     Eau Claire,       ********************Confidentiality Notice********************
     This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and en     tity  to  whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is
     privilege     applicable  law.  Any  unauth     distribution  of this email message, inclu     prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,      the  sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the origi     message. Thank you.