[Histonet] Fluorescent labelled TRAP staining

Orla Gallagher O.M.Gallagher <@t> sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 07:46:54 CST 2006

Dear Histonetters,

Thanks for your helpful replies to my query about fluorescence-
friendly aqueous mounting media.

Our research group routinely use histochemical TRAP staining to
identify osteoclasts in decalcified paraffin-embedded bone (using
naphthol AS-BI phosphate and pararosaniline). We've also been
labelling LR White resin-embedded bones with tetracycyline and
calcein and wondered if we could co-localise these fluorescent
labels with a fluorescent marker for osteoclasts within the same
tissue section? We've found a paper which uses ELF97
phosphatase substrate from Molecular Probes, but would like to
know if anyone has tried this on resin-embedded tissues.

Thanks,
Orla

******************************

Ms.Orla Gallagher
Academic Unit of Bone Biology
Division of Clinical Sciences (South)
D Floor (DU20) Medical School
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Medical Research
University of Sheffield
Beech Hill Road
Sheffield S10 2RX
www.sheffield.ac.uk