[Histonet] F4/80 vs CD68

Milne, Katy kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Tue Mar 14 12:11:33 CST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm aiming to look at macrophages in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded
mouse tumour tissue, I've been looking at the archives and there seems
to be a lot of people that swear by F4/80 and others that are with the
CD68 camp.  I'm wondering if there is a specific reason to use one over
the other or if they are interchangeable and it's just a matter of
finding an antibody that works well.  If anyone knows why or if one is
better that the other in terms of expression levels on different types
of macrophages, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Katy Milne

Deeley Research Centre,

BC Cancer Agency,