[Histonet] H2DCFDA and Antifadent....

Glenn Krasinski glenn_krasinski <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 14:36:37 CST 2006

I am using H2DCFDA for the detection of cellular reactive oxygen species following treatment with various agents. Cells are subsequently mounted in anti-fadent with DAPI (Slow Fade Gold with DAPI).

  The green fluorescence appears awfully weak. I have noticed this in past experiments looking at cytochrome c release with FITC detection.  Could the antifadent be the culprit? Don't some antifadent products quench fluorescein right-off-the-bat? Would it be best to just do a standard aqueous mount and be extra careful with light exposure?

  Many thanks for your assistance.

  Glenn M. Krasinski
  Senior Associate Scientist I, Biology
  Attenuon, LLC