[Histonet] Problem with frozen sections for LCM

John A. Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Thu Mar 9 12:19:58 CST 2006

The cause of your trouble is putting the specimen
into liquid nitrogen, which forms an insulating
blanket of nitrogen gas around the immersed
object. Try putting your hand in the liquid N2,
and see how long it takes to freeze it solid. :)

The archives at www.histosearch.com contain many
Histonet hints about how to freeze tissue. Yours
is a question that is frequently asked.
--
John A. Kiernan