[Histonet] Digital camera usage for teaching microanatomy

Jurcisek, Joseph JurciseJ <@t> pediatrics.ohio-state.edu
Mon Mar 6 10:48:44 CST 2006

Zeiss has some nice systems that are user friendly and do not cost too
much.  I use the AxioCam and switch the camera between my dissecting
scope, brightfield, and fluorescent.  I also use it for teaching not
only microanatomy but dissection techniques.

Joe

Joseph A. Jurcisek
Senior Research Associate
Center for Microbial Pathogenesis
Columbus Children's Research Institute
700 Children's Dr.
Columbus, OH 43205-2696
(614) 355-3521
fax (614) 722-2818
jurcisej <@t> ccri.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Roberta A. Martindale [mailto:roberta.martindale <@t> ualberta.ca]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 12:31 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Digital camera usage for teaching microanatomy

Hello,

This is my first post to this list.  I teach in a Medical Laboratory
Science (MLS) program in Alberta, Canada.  As part of my teaching
duties I am responsible for the microanatomy portion of the
undergraduate MLS program Histology course.  Currently in our
laboratory sessions, when conducting reviews, I am using a multihead
microscope which can only accomodate four students at a time.  We do
have an older microscope with a digital "live image" camera on it, but
the resolution is not great (maybe the monitor?).  I was searching
through the archives and came across some posts on digital camera
setups for histology teaching and was wondering if there were any new
developments in this area that the group would be willing to share.
This type of upgrade would take time, but I would like to start the
research regardless.  Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Roberta Martindale

Roberta A. Martindale BSc(MLS), MLT, MT(ASCP)
Lecturer/Clinical Instructor
Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
University of Alberta
4B4.07 WMC