[Histonet] Alcian Blue deposit

Luck, Greg D. LuckG <@t> empirehealth.org
Thu Mar 2 12:41:06 CST 2006

Suggestion,
Might try laying the slides down flat, cover with a slightly moist (HOH)
sheet of filter paper (e.g. #40's Whatman) and saturate filter paper with
your Alcian Blue working solution for your standard staining time.  That's
what we do to solve a similar problem with our Gram stain.  Good luck, Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: SARAH REEVES [mailto:SARAH.REEVES <@t> ekht.nhs.uk]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Alcian Blue deposit

Hi

Does anyone have any ideas to reduce alcian blue deposit on sections.  We
filter the solution after making up as well as immediatly before use.

Thanks
Sarah

necessarily represent those of East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust.  If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at
the following email address: root.postmaster <@t> ekht.nhs.uk

www.kentandmedway.nhs.uk

This footnote also confirms that although this email message has been swept
by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses, it is strongly
recommended that you carry out your own virus scan of this message and any
attachments.

www.mimesweeper.com