[Histonet] Tissue-Tek Express

Dennis Hahn DennisH <@t> cookchildrens.org
Fri Jun 30 10:56:28 CDT 2006

Histo Net,

Climbs upon his American, gun-toting soap-box....

Let the Friday flaming begin. This is not meant to offend any one nationality. I usually just pick up tid-bits of information from the histonet, and ignore all the usual comments or flamings.

However, maybe the wording was not meant to be what I interpret it as, but...

1) We were not "made" independent from anyone. No other country, or king, gave us our independence. We fought for it. I served in our armed forces for 6 years active duty, including the "first" gulf "conflict" as it is referred to. I fly an American flag in my front yard and do my best to explain to my children each time we take it down and burn it (Yes, you SHOULD burn the American flag when it is worn out, and no longer usable...it represents our country, a living, breathing entity) that many men, and women, have died so that the people in our nation, and others, may vote for our representatives both locally and nationally, say what we want, when we want, come and go throughout our country and the world as we please, all without the fear of any retaliation when we lay our heads down at night to sleep because of it.

2) I'm not saying that anyone should be sad, but in less than 230 years, the US did GAIN it's independence, survive a brief civil war, establish a free, and hopefully, equal society, spearhead many of the industrial revolution ideas (That cotton gin thing really had the world stumped, didn't it?) and create the most sophisticated military the planet has ever known. Yes, we do have our problems...The elderly, poor, and many children do not have access to adequate health care.

3) I do believe that Diana Goodwin stated, and I quote, "Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans!" Why respond at all if it doesn't apply to you?

4) Let all of my fellow Americans remember ALL the soldiers this weekend that are currently scattered throughout the world. Many are in places and battles that we will never know about.

Climbs down off his soapbox, gets some BBQ to eat, and is ready for fireworks.

Dennis Hahn
dennish <@t> cookchildrens.org

>>> Kemlo Rogerson <kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk> 6/30/2006 8:52 AM >>>

Question? Can we say 'Happy Independence Day'? It was from us you were made
independent from, so should we be sad?

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194
Pager 07659 597107

Distance is meant to relate, not separate. --Satish Kumar

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation

Cook Children's Health Care System

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted may contain information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations.

If you have received this information in error, please notify Cook Children's Health Care System immediately at (682)885-4000 or via e-mail at compliance <@t> cookchildrens.org. Cook Children's Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.