[Histonet] Optimal thickness for cutting of IHC sections

Fátima Ferreirinha fferreir <@t> ibmc.up.pt
Thu Jun 29 09:46:25 CDT 2006

Hi Histonetters,

I'm interested to see innervation (skin, gut,..) by IHC and I would like to know
the adequate section thickness for this work.

Although in general people say that a 5-10um thickness is OK for IHC sections
and that section thickness is not critical for IHC (because one is only
staining the exposed surface of the tissue) I've noticed that lots of papers
regarding this matter refer to very thick sections (50um)! Why is this so? Is
there some particularity for this kind of analysis?

Thank you,

Fátima

--
Fátima Ferreirinha