[Histonet] safranin o staining-rat cartilage-reg

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Jun 23 12:19:35 CDT 2006

Routine formalin fixation will not maximize the preservation of
cartilage proteoglycans. CPC or alcohol fixation will be better.
Before proceeding, consult the papers listed below by Shepard and Mitchell.

J. Histochem. Cytochem. 24(5):621-629, 1976.
J. Ultrastruc. Res. 54-451-460, 1976.
Histochemistry 70:107-114, 1981.
Anat. Rec. 187(4):463-476.
also
J. Elec. Micros. Tech. 5:17-44, 1987 by Thomopoulos et al.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.