[Histonet] Marking specimens through decalcification

Amy Porter portera <@t> msu.edu
Fri Jun 23 08:40:12 CDT 2006

I would suggest using tissue marking dye only on the muscle and tissue
surrounding the turbinate.  This would allow you to embed the samples ink up
and not have the ink run into the nasal cavity.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pixley, Sarah (pixleysk)" <PIXLEYSK <@t> UCMAIL.UC.EDU>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:22 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Marking specimens through decalcification

Dear Histonet:
I will be putting rodent nose tissues in 10% formic acid to decalcify
(after perfusion fixation in 4% paraformaldehyde). I need to mark the
tissues to keep track of them. What can I use that will withstand the
several days in formic acid? Each nose will be in a separate Shandon
biopsy bag.

Thanks
Sarah Pixley
Univ. Cincinnati