[Histonet] reticulocyte counting-flowcytometry-doubts

PKamalavenkatesh <@t> wockhardtin.com PKamalavenkatesh <@t> wockhardtin.com
Sat Jun 17 00:41:19 CDT 2006

Dear Histonetters,
                This  is Dr.Kamalavenkatesh from wockhardt research center,

India. As a part of pre clinical safety evaluation of our NCE'S, we want to

standardize the methodology for flowcytometric enumeration of reticulocytes

from  mouse blood. We are currently attempting to standardize two protocols

one  using acridine orange and the other using thiazole orange. While doing

validation,  we  are trying to correlate the flowcytometric results to that

of  manual  counting using brilliant methylene blue. But the problem we are

currently  facing  is  that  we are not able to get the correlation between

these  two  methodologies.  Our flow cytometer is one from Beckman Coulter,

model  FC  500.  Any  body having any sort of experience in this regard. If

you, then can you please share your instrument settings and your protocols.

Please  excuse  me  since  this topic is somewhat deviated from our regular

discussions.

Thanks and regards

REGARDS
Dr.P.Kamalavenkatesh
New Drug Discovery- Biology
Wockhardt Research Center
D-4, MIDC, Chikalthana
Aurangabad. Maharastra, India
E.mail : Pkamalavenkatesh <@t> wockhardtin.com

Please Visit our New Corporate Web Site www.wockhardt.com
Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wockhardt Ltd. and/ or its Group Companies
and/or,its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.