[Histonet] productivity for pathology transcription personnel

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 14:32:47 CDT 2006

Dawn:
  I have just finished 2 articles (productivity and staffing) and I can offer you the following averages:
  1- accessioning data to computer: 120 cases/hour (18 labs).
  2- gross transcription: between 13 and 26; average of 24 cases/hour (7 labs).
  3- 1 transciptionist every 9,000 cases (34 labs), and
  4- i secretary every 17,000 cases (31 labs).

  If you want I can e-mail you the 2 articles as "pdf" files.
  Hope this will help you!
  René J.

Dawn Cowie <dlcowie <@t> prodigy.net> wrote:
  hello histonetters,
I am wondering if any of you have any data on productivity levels/expectations for your transcription people that you are willing to share? What quantity of work performed in an average day? Number of lines transcribed? What kind of lines? Microscopic diagnosis or gross descriptions? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Dawn Cowie
AP Director
Bon Secours Health Partners Lab