[Histonet] High profile blades

Snider, Deanna dsnider <@t> shrinenet.org
Wed Jun 14 11:15:10 CDT 2006

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:21:38 -0500
From: Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil
Subject: [Histonet] High Profile Micrtome blades
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
<A7539989B365284E95886432BF68FDDC0949C8FE <@t> nhpens-exch2.pcola.med.navy.mi
l>

  I have a Leica Microtome 2235. Currently I am using the Leica 818 high
profile blades, and they are terrible. They become dull immediately,
slowing
down my cutting, because it seems I am changing the blade for every
block I
cut. Does anyone know of a good high profile blade? I was told the high
profile blade by DuraEdge is good. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Heather A. Harper

Have you tried the Dura Edge line?  They make a very good blade and very
cost efficient.  They come in regular, ceramic, and teflon caoted edges.
I prefer the ceramic edge for my work.  I have a contact number if you'd
like to request a sample.

Deanna Snider HT ASCP
Shriners Hospital for Children
Research Dept.
Cincinnatti, Oh
513-872-6388

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, (or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments and contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone (813) 281-0300.