[Histonet] Tape coverslipping

Webb, Dorothy L Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Wed Jun 7 09:21:10 CDT 2006

I have only used the tape method for automated coverslippers, but, have
not seen any problems with the tape coming off, etc. even after MANY
years!!  I think what everyone has to make certain is that the pressure
is adjusted high enough on the "bar" that pushes the tape onto the slide
and make certain enough xylene is flowing, more than just a few drops.
We had our biomed department adjust the tension on the spring so  the
bar produced more pressure when it went across the tape!!  Having never
used the glass coverslippers, but hearing enough concerns, I am not goin
there until my tape coverslipper "kicks the bucket" !!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.