[Histonet] Manual Microtome?

Richmond, Tonia tonia.richmond <@t> thermo.com
Thu Jul 27 19:51:25 CDT 2006

Thermo offers an excellent manual microtome at an affordable price.  You
can contact your local sales rep by calling 800-245-6212 and ask for
Customer Service.

Best Regards,

Tonia J. Richmond, HT (ASCP)
Sales Representative
Clinical Diagnostics - Anatomical Pathology
Thermo Electron Corporation
171 Industry Drive
Pittsburgh, PA  15275-1034
Phone: (800) 245-6212, ext. 4739
Cell: (870) 575-3307
Fax: (870) 879-9639
Email:  tonia.richmond <@t> thermo.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Daryl
Mikita
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Manual Microtome?

Hello,

Seeing I haven't been to a National meeting for awhile.  I was wondering
what companies are still out there that make a quality manual microtome?
I know of Sakura, Leica and Olympus, but only have contacts for Sakura
and Leica.  If there are any sales people looking at this for the
Wyoming area, please send information to me at the address at the bottom
of this message.

Also, for the tech's reading this.  What in your opinion is the best
(all areas) manual microtome out there?  I currently have a Microm
Ergostar and hate it.  I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get
it to not do the venetian blinding on 95% of our blocks, but it still
does it.  It doesn't make any difference as to what type os tissue I cut
or the size.

Thanks in advance,

Daryl A. Mikita, HT(ASCP)cm
Wyoming Medical Center