[Histonet] Request for a copy of pages on GFP visualization in FFPE tissue

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Jul 20 11:39:04 CDT 2006

Dear all,

If anyone has this manual, could you send a copy of Page 696 on protocol
for fixation and paraffin embedding for GFP visualization.

  Manipulating the Mouse Embryo: A Laboratory Manual, 3rd ed.
Andras Nagy, Marina Gertsenstein, Kristina Vintersten, and Richard
Behringer. 2003.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
ISBN 0-87969-574-9
page 696 for protocol on fixation and paraffin embedding for GFP visualization.

We do not have the manual in our laboratory and are doing some outside
processing for other people.

Also, I would entertain any comments on success or lack of success on this
subject.  I has been discussed before, but methods improve over the years
on maintaining eGFP fluorescence after FFPE.  I would appreciate detailed
processing schedules, in particular, use of vacuum/pressures, times in
solvents, and paraffin temperatures.  You can send it privately if you wish.

Thanks in advance
Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor