[Histonet] magnetized tissue??

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Fri Jul 14 11:26:21 CDT 2006

Thanks for the various suggestions, but it is apparent that others have not
seen this happening, which rather surprises me as I have seen it pretty
regularly for years.  What I described is definitely not due to any sort of
fluid dynamics or the shape or density of the tissue sample. That might
cause the tissue to float to the bottom of the mold a certain way.  But what
I am seeing is quite different.  The tissue, once it is released into the
liquid wax, and regardless of how it is oriented when released, instantly
whips around to orient itself cut end down, and sticks fast to the bottom of
the mold. I mean instantly, like a tenth of a second or less. If I pick it
up with forceps and release it, it instantly reorients itself the same way.
I agree with the one poster who suggested it must be some sort of static
process, but I still can't understand how or why it happens. Anyway, it is
not really a problem, just a matter of curiosity, and thanks again to all
who responded.