[Histonet] help with Technovit 8100 embedding/section

h-tang2 <@t> northwestern.edu h-tang2 <@t> northwestern.edu
Thu Jul 13 09:57:19 CDT 2006

Dear members, I am trying to view in vivo transfected GFP expression in mouse testis so used glycol
methacylate(Technovit 8100) to embed the testis after fixation, acetone dehydration and
infilitration.  The polymerized tissue-block was too hard and crisp to cut, the microtome
experienced extreme shattering. I was only able to get shatters instead of tissue section.   Any
comments and suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Huanghui Tang
Northwestern University