[Histonet] Re: biomaterials

Linda Jenkins jlinda <@t> ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jul 11 12:39:41 CDT 2006

Annaclaudia,

You stated:

Hi, I'm working with a scaffold made of polylactic acid and I' cutting frozen
sections of the material embedded in tissuetek to be staine with H/O. The
sections do not adhere at all on normal slides or on polylysine slides. Can
anyone suggest me what kind of slide to use?
thanks
annaclaudia

Dept of Publ, Prev and Clin Medicine
Human Anatomy Unit
Second University of Naples

         Try formalin gelatin or Elmer's glue recipe.  Polylysine does not
mix well with polylactic acid and acts as a rinse agent!
         I will be glad to send you procedure if you can't find it in a
histology text.
Thanks,
Linda

Linda Jenkins, HT