[Histonet] Pathology teaching question

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Wed Jul 5 12:12:51 CDT 2006

First of all, I hope all the American Histonetters enjoyed their fouth of July. ( I hope all the OTHER histonetters enjoyed their fourth of July too, but they probably did not get barbecued ribs, cake and ice cream, a fireworks display and all that other stuff !)

Question: We have a collection of "wet" pathology specimens we use to teach sophomore medical students gross pathology. How do other medical schools label such specimens? We have been the plastination route, and the potting in plexiglass (Perspex) route, and have found the medical students learn best when they can actually handle the specimens. Anyone have any ideas on labeling?

Thank you
Mike Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA