[Histonet] nickel enhanced DAB procedure for rat brain

Neil Fournier nfournier <@t> sasktel.net
Sat Jul 1 22:44:43 CDT 2006

I was wondering if anyone has experience using nickel enhanced DAB?  One of our protocols suggested using nickel enhanced DAB.  We use 10 mg DAB tablets available from Sigma Chemicals to make up our DAB substrate solution.  We dissolve our DAB in .1 M phosphate buffer (pH 7.4).

Does anyone have suggestions for making up a nickel-DAB solution.   If so, what is the typical concentration, recipe, and procedures for making up this solution?  I also realize that some individuals dissolve the nickel ammonium sulphate in acetate buffer.  Is this necessary? And if so, what is the rationale for this.

Appreciate the advice,

Neil