[Histonet] HISTOLOGY JOB OPENING

Comcast Mail tinayates <@t> comcast.net
Sat Jul 1 00:30:05 CDT 2006

 www.salemhospital.org

      Company: Salem Hospital
      Contact: Cyndi Walling
      Phone: 503-561-5183

WORK DAYS:  Monday-Friday with rotating Saturdays

We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Histologist - Lab Pathology (#3449) FT-40 0400-1230 (8/40)
Histologist - Lab Pathology (#3393) FT-40 0400-1230 (8/40)

If you are looking for a beautiful place to work and play, then take a look at Salem Hospital. We are located in the capital of Oregon, which is in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Only one hour separates you from calm ocean beaches and snow covered mountains. We look forward to welcoming you to our team at Salem Hospital!

As a Histologist, you will perform established histology procedures under general supervision and may also demonstrate histology procedures to other employees; is generally knowledgeable and skilled in all disciplines of histology medicine. The Histologist prepares patient samples for histology testing using cutting and embedding equipment, and also performs staining procedures.

This position is responsible for the accurate performance of tests, use of controls to assure accuracy of test results and the exercise of judgment in the case of questionable or abnormal results. Job involves exposure to many different types of infectious materials, as well as infectious people. Position comes into contact with a variety of hazardous substances, including chemicals and low-level radioactive material.

Job Requirements:

-Graduation from a recognized program of Histotechnology or the equivalent and minimum certification as HT (ASCP). In the case of equivalence, competency in the field must be established. New graduates from a program of Histotechnology may be considered, but must complete ASCP Certification within 12 months of hire.