[Histonet] Wanted : Field Support Specialist - Histopathology,
Malcolm.McCallum <@t> tamut.edu
Wed Jan 25 13:48:09 CST 2006
I am just wanting to clarify the employment situation for histotechs.
How hard is it to get vacancies filled?
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Wanted : Field Support Specialist - Histopathology,
Field Support Specialist - Histopathology
SciGenium's Client is experiencing tremendous growth within
North American operations. This growth is due to the
recent launch of their FDA approved automated
instrumentation system, and the growing antibody and reagent
consumable product line for the histology market. Due to the
launch of these products they are currently looking
for Field Support Specialist - Histopathology, for Southwest
(TX Houston or Dallas )
Based in Texas, this position provides technical applications
for our next generation range of automated histopathology products.
This is a very hands on role where your key tasks will include:
* Building an in-depth understanding of our new product
and their applications in a diagnostic histopathology environment;
* Customer liaison by providing scientific and laboratory
for in-field installations, training and trouble-shooting;
* Customer support Help-line for remote problem solving;
* Designing and performing experiments to investigate and solve
technical applications problems; and
* Preparing problem resolution reports and imparting your
and knowledge to internal and field based Product Engineers
To be successful in this role you will possess:
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* The ability to communicate with front-end users, technical
engineers and pragmatic sales force members.
* A tertiary qualification in a relevant science stream (eg.
* Practical experience in bench-level histopathology,
* Demonstrated use of automated scientific instrumentation
BS/ MS in Life Sciences and ASCP Certification
Interest in using PC based software and maintenance of
scientific instrumentation will be highly advantageous.
In addition, you are extremely detailed and analytically minded with
strong sense of customer focus.
Interested parties should forward a resume to resume <@t> scigenium.com
Send to :
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
More information about the Histonet