[Histonet] CAP Question ANP.27720 Microwave Leakage

Amy Porter portera <@t> msu.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:01:52 CST 2006

Maybe you could try someone who works in the radiology / or medical scanning
area????  Just a thought!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith Wanda" <Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com>
To: "Histonet (E-mail)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: [Histonet] CAP Question ANP.27720 Microwave Leakage

Good Morning Histonetters,
I have a question about a question on the CAP Checklist.  We are doing our
Self-Evaluation and one of the new questions ANP.27720 "Are microwave
devices monitored at least annually to ensure that there is less than
5mW/cm2 leakage at a distance of 5 cm from the surface?"
Question:  Who takes the measurement???  My Biomed Departmet does not and
neither does my Engineering Department!!!  I'm not sure where to go from
here, so I thought.....THE HISTONET!!!!!!!!!
Please Help!
Wanda

Wanda G. Smith, BHS, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor