[Histonet] acetylcholinesterase staining

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Fri Jan 20 01:48:02 CST 2006

The dire warning following your enquiry is
discouraging! Nevertheless, I make bold to reply.

I have worked in the esterase histochemistry
field, especially choline esterases, since the
early 1960s, when most of the principles had been
established.

Which method is failing to work for you half of
the time? These methods are extremely reliable if
you go by the book (any book). Complete substrate
solutions cannot be kept and used next day; that's
a rule that applies to just about all enzyme
activity histochemistry.

John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada