[Histonet] IHC slides losing tissue

BJDewe <@t> aol.com BJDewe <@t> aol.com
Mon Jan 16 15:42:51 CST 2006

In a message dated 1/16/2006 11:45:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com writes:
Just to be clear you don't deparafinize in the oven, what you do in te oven
is to melt the paraffin and asure that the sections get in close contact with
the glass that, is (+) charged will retain the sections during the IHC
procedure.
This is an interesting observation. I have always done IHC on sections that
were airdried at RT overnight and had good results but many times my IHC
protocols are lengthy and most recently, after the entire IHC process, my sections
fell off in the dehydration to go to xylene to coverslip. Very frustrating let
alone a waste of time and money...

I will try this new method and hope for better results ;-)

Thanks!!

Loralei Dewe
UC Davis
VM: Surgical and Radiological Sciences