[Histonet] fixation and embedding eyeball

DeBrosse_Beatrice DeBrosse_Beatrice <@t> Allergan.com
Fri Jan 13 09:24:01 CST 2006

What kind of fixative are you using? We use Davidson's fixative for our
eyes (including dogs), embed them in paraffin, cut them at 4 microns and
the structure of the eye stays together beautifully. Good luck!

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra
HT(ASCP)QIHC
Allergan, Inc.
2525 Dupont Drive RD-2A
Irvine, CA 92612
714-246-5116

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lobke De
Bels
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 3:00 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] fixation and embedding eyeball

Dear all,

we have some problems with the fixation and/or embedding of an eyeball
(dog),
the different structures don't stay together. Now we wanna try celloidin
embedding but we don't have any experience with that technique.

Could you give us some information to start the celloidin embedding
technique?
who has experience with fixation and embedding of whole eyeballs?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Lobke De Bels
Department of Morphology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine