[Histonet] mucicarmine in the microwave??

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 16:52:58 CST 2006

You can greatly reduce the time if after blueing the hematoxylin you heat the slides in mucicarmin in a MW to reach 60ºC and keep the slides at that temp. x 10 min.
  The MW should have a temperature probe or you have to keep adding energy bursts to keep the temp. a 60ºC At the end of the 10 min wash quickly with dist. water &#8594; 95% ethanol &#8594; light green for  1 min. &#8594; dehydrate &#8594; clear &#8594; mount.
  If your MW oven does not have a temp. probe, you can heat the slides in 50 mL of the mucicarmin sol. for 35 sec.s, take the slides to a water bath at 60ºC and repeat the heating step every 5 mins. during a total of 20 min. (or more, depending on the "age" of the mucicarmin sol.
  René J.

KMB1904 <@t> aol.com wrote:
  I have a tech that is telling me mucicarmine can be done in the
microwave...Is this true? I didnt think it was a good idea to microwave mucicarmine.
Any procedures..or thoughts would be great!