[Histonet] HTL certification

Hermina Borgerink hborgeri <@t> wfubmc.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:23:26 CST 2006

Two of my techs will be taking the HTL certification this year.  I
checked the requirements on the ASCP Board of Registry home page and
found that they needed experience in the following areas:  fixation,
processing, microtomy, and routine as well as special staining.  I just
wanted to double check with those of you who have recently taken their
Board Certifications that EM and ISH experience are no longer required.
When I did my HTL certification there still were questions pertaining to
both topics, and I just want to make sure they won't be faced with
questions they are not trained in.  Any response would be greatly
appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Hermina

Hermina M. Borgerink, BA, HT(ASCP)HTL, QIHC
Wake Forest University Health Sciences
Department of Pathology
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157