[Histonet] RE: optimal thickness for cutting of IHC sections

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Fri Jan 6 05:26:41 CST 2006

   Sorry  guys  my  message yesterday was somewhat distorted. Here it is   again...

   Dear Paul,

   I totally agree what you wrote about IHC: it's just a surface event.

   Long  time  ago  we  had  to  prove  that our (prehistoric) attempt of
   quantify   due  to  microtome   different  thickness  and gue   on  the  staining  intensity.  The  only   thicker  sections  showed  a higher non-specific b   than thinner sections. See:

   CM  van  der  Loos, MMH Marijianowski and AE Becker: Quantification in
   immu   collagen types I

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academic Medical Center   Meibergdreef 9
   NL-1105 AZ Amsterdam
   The Netherlands