[Histonet] RE: optimal thickness for cutting of IHC sections

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Thu Jan 5 04:41:48 CST 2006

   <BODY><P>Dear  Paul,</P> <P>I totally agree what you
   wrote  about  IHC:  it's&nbsp;just a   <P>Long time ago we had to prove that our (prehistoric) attempt of
   qu   due  to   different thi   on the staining i   that   thicker  sections   staining   than  thinner  sections.   style="FONT-SIZE:  10pt;  COLOR:  black;  FONT-FAM   Arial"><FONT  face=Times><FONT  size=3>CM  van der Lo   os,   MMH   Marijianowski   and   AE   Becker:  Quantification  in
   immunohistoche   collagen   types   I   and   I   347-354</FONT></FONT></SPAN><   style="FONT-SIZE:  10pt;  COLOR:  black;  FONT-FAM   Arial"><FONT  face=Times><FONT  size=3>Chris  van der   Loos, PhD<BR>Dept. of Pathology<BR>Academic Medical Center
   M   Nether   "urn:schemas-microsoft   /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>   <P><FONT            face=Times></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
   <P>Date:  Tue,  3  Jan 2006 13:09:20 -0500 <BR>From:
   "Mo   &lt;PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org&gt;<BR>Subject   [Histonet]  optimal  thickness  for  cutting  of  IHC sections<   BR>To: <A
   href="mailto:'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.   edu'">'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'</A><BR
   >   because  anti   penetrate  tissue  very   of   the   section,   you   are      exposed<BR>surface  of  the  tissue,  perhaps     microns  or so.&nbsp; We have<BR>verified this b   microscopy.&nbsp;  This  is  quite  different  from standard<   BR>histochemical  procedures  where  a  thicker section results in a
   more  i   the    tissue       through.<BR><BR></P>