[Histonet] EM Survey

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Tue Jan 3 17:06:16 CST 2006

We prepare our own Glutaraldehyde for EM and store specimens in it in
the fridge before processing.

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
The Children's Hospital at Westmead,
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, 2145, AUSTRALIA.
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Grant,
Debra, R
Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2006 8:06 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] EM Survey

Hi All,

It's survey time! Do labs make their own Glutaraldehyde for EM or buy
it? If you buy it, which vendor is preferred? Also, do you keep the
glutaraldehyde (with the specimen) in the refrigerator until you send it
out to the lab for EM work, or can it be left out at room temperature?

Kind Regards,

Debby R. Grant HT(ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
The Children's Mercy Hospital & Clinics
2401 Gillham Rd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
lab (816)234-3827
fax (816) 802-1492

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been
virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, the Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.