[Histonet] EM Survey

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:00:16 CST 2006

Hi Debra:
  We used to make our own glutaraldehyde for EM and our own Michel's for
  immunofluorescence.
  We did our own EM work (start to photos enlargements) and the specimens were kept in a regular refrigerator (ca. 4ºC0
  René J.

"Grant, Debra, R" <drgrant <@t> cmh.edu> wrote:
  Hi All,

It's survey time! Do labs make their own Glutaraldehyde for EM or buy
it? If you buy it, which vendor is preferred? Also, do you keep the
glutaraldehyde (with the specimen) in the refrigerator until you send it
out to the lab for EM work, or can it be left out at room temperature?

Kind Regards,

Debby R. Grant HT(ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
The Children's Mercy Hospital & Clinics