[Histonet] Laugh for the day

Kemlo Rogerson kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Fri Feb 24 02:43:01 CST 2006

That can't be true; well it's certainly not true in the UK as we all know
that all the Lab disciplines are taught in the first semester at Medical
School and all graduates are able to work seamlessly in Labs with no further
training.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

"One of the benefits of getting older is finding wisdom but  so many get of
us get older and never find it; sadly that is a waste of a life."

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebecca Barnhart [mailto:RBARNHART <@t> summithealth.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Laugh for the day

I knew all the histonetters would enjoy this one.  I know I haven't been
able to stop chuckling to myself since.  We have 11th and 12th grade
students from the high school come to our hospital and go through each
of the departments to expose them to the different jobs in the hospital.
 Lately a lot of the students have been extremely interested in
histology which is great.  The student today was priceless.  After I
went through explaining all that we do, the student made the comment "Oh
it looks easy".  I said "really?".  Her response "Oh yeah this is stuff
I learned in 6th grade".  I explained that this is much more then a 6th
grade education.  Her attitude was not directed at histology alone but
the entire lab.  You have to love teenagers.