[Histonet] disposal of xylol waste from CJD cases

Sharon Allen SAllen <@t> exchange.hsc.mb.ca
Wed Feb 22 14:20:13 CST 2006

I am having a problem disposing or our xylol waste from Prion testing for
CJD. Our waste disposal company has just informed us thay they will take all
other waste but won't touch the xylol (it has all been treated with javex).
Apparently they have been storing it all these years & now are refusing to
accept anymore.
I would like to know how other labs testing for CJD are disposing of their
xylol.  Does anyone use a xylol substitute?
Any ideas would be very helpful. Right now I have it packaged & sitting on
the floor in the lab which goes against all the safety rules.
Sharon
sallen <@t> hsc.mb.ca

This e-mail and/or any documents in this transmission is intended for the address(s) only and may contain legally privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original.