[Histonet] processing

Jasper, Thomas G. TJasper <@t> smdc.org
Wed Feb 22 12:14:02 CST 2006

Hey Dorothy,

Since she has 2 machines why not have her program one for small biopsies
etc.  I don't know what her normal runs are set at, but we run 2 processors,
one for small biopsies only.  The small run is set up to be shorter and has
no heat (European colleagues, for the most part question this heat practice,
but I digress). I would think she would eliminate her problem with the
shorter, gentler run.  You have to be careful during the day when the tissue
is grossed in.  The PAs a pathologists need to know about the separation.  I
certainly don't think getting the pathologists on board for this is a hard
sell.
Good luck!
tj

Thomas Jasper HT(ASCP)BAS
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
SMDC Clinical Laboratory
Duluth, MN
tjasper <@t> smdc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Webb,
Dorothy L
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:12 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] processing

I am submitting this for a colleague at another institution who has a
concern over GI biopsies.  They have 2 processors they use, one VIP and
one Renaissance, both programmed with the same times and the same
reagents at each station.  They use recycled formalin.  Their
pathologists are complaining that the Gi biopsies that come off of the
Renaissance processor are not of good quality, chattered, drier, etc.
and the problems are not seen on the slides of the biopsies from the
other (VIP) processor. They had a vendor out to check out the processor
in question, inasmuch as they could be getting carry over of reagents,
etc. and all checked out ok.  Any suggestions as to the cause of their
problem?  Thanks ahead of time from a lead tech who is pulling out her
hair!!!!  I told her to "hold on", as my fellow histonetters would come
up with something!!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be
reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.