[Histonet] PGP 9.5

John C. Dennis dennijc <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu
Wed Feb 22 07:44:42 CST 2006

Dear Peggy

I've used Chemicon's rabbit polyclonal to good effect.

It was used in the
sniff trade for a while to mark vomeronasal sensory neurons, and
processes, in particular.  In double labeled preps, I found
that, in at least several primate species and in dogs, not all sensory
neurons in
either the main olfactory or the vomeronasal epithelia express PGP9.5 in
any given tissue section.  Or at least at detectable levels.  You'll see some or even most but not all
neurons in a section.  PGP 9.5 is a house keeping protein and is
presumably up and down regulated depending on metabolic requirements.

John Carroll Dennis
Anatomy, Physiology, and Pharmacology
109 Greene Hall
Auburn University, AL  36849