[Histonet] Oct-3/4

Elaine Dooley DOOLEEO <@t> shands.ufl.edu
Mon Feb 20 13:51:34 CST 2006

Dear Histonetters,

I have been having some trouble trying to get this antibody to stain
seminomas.  It is  Oct-3/4 a goat polyclonal antibody from Santa Cruz
Biotechnology.  We also purchased their mouse anti-goat biotin
conjugated secondary.
Any quick hints on making this work.  I have tried it on the Ventana
Benchmark (with changing the secondary antibody).  I have tried
overnight incubations and staining entirely by hand. I have tried
Ventana's CC1 and also tried Cell Marque's trilogy for epitope retrial
but have not had any of the desired nuclear staining the antibody is
supposed to show.

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Elaine Dooley
HTL
Shands Teaching Hospital
Gainesville FL